Eventually our family of two will expand. Eventually. Not today. This
is not a blog to make any announcements. But knowing that we want to
have kids, I've tried to become intentional in almost all of the little
things in life. Somethings are deep and somethings not so much. Like
the beach. I was practically raised at the beach. Our summers were
filled with trips to Bethany Beach and most of our childhood memories
were formed there. So now, as a married couple I try to hit the beach
almost every Saturday during the summer. You know, making it the norm so that when we have kids it will
be normal. When you live this close, why
not? Now I'm way off track from where I was going with this....
being intentional. Being intentional at Christmas. I love traditions
and I thrive in routines. I want to keep our traditions going and
create new ones as we move into new seasons of life. Marshall Fields.
Gingerbread house contests. Essenhaus. Get-togethers. I want to be intentional in giving my time. There is,
though, a dark side to this. I have to be able to say no to some of things that we are asked to do. This is not because I don't want to; it's because if I say yes
to everything that we are invited to or asked to do I become very
stressed. When I become stressed, I become crabby. When I become
crabby, I become mean. Very mean. Believe it or not, but because Tim
is the one I spend most of my time with, I project most of my meanness
and crabbiness in his direction. This, I do not want to do. So I need
to be less stressed so I'm less crabby and I need to free up my calendar
so I'm less stressed. After all, the only one in charge of my calendar
is me. So this is my New Years resolution-ish thing. Learn that it
is okay to say no and not feel guilty and to put my time and heart into things that matter.
P.S. Oh, how I love Styx!
P.S.S. Only eleven more months until Christmas. Booyah!
3 comments:
that's a great new year's resolution! It's hard to say no, especially with both families and friends so close all the time. Hope this year goes well!
how are you so wise and still so young? you will one day, be a wonderful mother and friend to your children with such an understanding heart!
were you totally pregnant when you wrote this?!?!?! you WERE!!!!!
that's kinda funny eh?!
Post a Comment