How did that happen? How did it become the twelfth day of January already?!?! Is it too late to blog about Christmas? More importantly, is it too late to have your Christmas tree up?? Don't judge. We've had a crazy amount of snow here and haven't been able to get into our shed, which is where we keep all of our Christmas decorations. Once the snow melts a little we can pull out all of our boxes and bins. Until then, it is still Christmas at the Burkeys.
Christmas seems like it was so long ago. Here's a brief run down of how we spent our holidays so when I scroll back in time, years down the road, I can read this a remember all of the fine details of our Christmas 2010...
We had Christmas Eve brunch with Andrew, Ann & Luke so we could spend some holiday time with them before they went to Kansas. We went to Cracker Barrel. Hmmmmmm that was yum. I hadn't been there since we took our road trip to Nashville almost three and half years ago. We spent the rest of the day relaxing, watching movies, putting together a puzzle, and hanging out together. Then on Christmas morning we did our normal routine: wake up, open presents, Tim makes an amazing breakfast casserole & cinnamon rolls, watched Christmas Vacation and played with our new toys... Which this year consisted of a new computer and several books. Then we spent the afternoon at my parents with my side of our family. We ate, played trivia, ate, played with the babies, ate, played more trivia, opened presents, ate, exchanged white elephant gifts and ate some more. Then next day we chilled and went back to my parents for one last day of hanging out before my family hit the road and headed back to the south-ish side of the state. Guess what we did?? Ate and played trivia. We also took Jeremy sledding - you know, to mix things up. The following weekend we had the Burkey Christmas and it was a blast. This may shock you, but while we were there we ate, played with babies, ate, opened presents, ate, played games and ate. We live a blessed and full [bellies] life.
Now I'm going to be honest with you... I have some pictures to add, but I have no idea how to with this new computer. Windows 7 is not Windows XP. I don't know where Tim saved all of our pictures and I don't even know where to start looking. So you just have words today... baby steps back into blogging, folks. Come back tomorrow, I should have mastered the uploading by then. And remember... no judging on the Christmas tree still being up until probably January 15th [or later].
Bwahhhhhhhhhh.
2 comments:
There are a lot of hidden messages in here. Talk of bellies, babies, baby steps, eating lots of food...........
I like your thinking, Amy!
I will make 3 cups of coffee for you guys.
Post a Comment