Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Griswold's Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving weekend has come and gone and boy was this year one to remember! We spent Wednesday night cleaning and organizing for Jen's visit. Thursday morning we woke up and Tim headed out bright and early to get our newspaper. Mission accomplished - we were a little worried they'd be sold out as Andrew has experienced in the past but Tim had "great success." While he was out I started our pecan sticky buns which has since been named Pecan Surprise. I did everything that the recipe called for except use the required pan. Our pan ended up not being deep enough to hold everything so it overflowed inside our oven which then started smoking like crazy which then set off all three of our smoke alarms. That's right, I said three. We have three smoke alarms within this apartment - not that I'm complaining - but it is quite embarrassing when they go off early on a holiday morning. It's very obvious it's your cooking; they go off, we then turn them off, then they sound again, repeat four or five more times. Awesome. We opened every window which then made it very cold. It was an experience. Here are some pictures of me making them...
Finished product... they tasted much better than they looked!
Then we were off to my parents' house for lunch and it was amazing!! We spend all day & night hanging out with family and playing with Jeremy.

Then we get to Friday. Tim went out shopping with his brother and I went to my parents house for breakfast. While fighting the crowds, he was able to get us a sweet deal on the couch we have been saving for [which I am sitting on right now and loving it!!]. After spending the day with the Gustafsons we headed home to meet Jen. After a brief visit we were off to the Burkeys' Thanksgiving. We had a great time hanging out and had a wonderful meal. It wasn't long before Ann started pushing the guys to start wrestling. Tim and Mark were somehow picked to wrestle each other. After just 39 seconds Mark punched Tim in face and ended up hitting him right in the eyeball. It was horrible. I freaked out. I took a few pictures; you can watch the video here.
The audience...
The before...and the after...

No comments: