Here's Kiersten's birthday story...
Sunday, October 2, 2010
7:00 Wake Up.
8:45 Drive to the hospital.
8:47 Arrive at the hospital.
9:06 Check in.
9:30 Have 786 needles poked into my arms [maybe just two or three].
10:50 Ready to be rolled into the operating room for our 11:45 surgery,
but the doctor is MIA.
11:20 Find the doctor at the other hospital and wait for him to get across town.
11:50 The doctor arrives and we have one last ultra sound. Kiersten is still butt first.
12:00 Walk into the OR without Tim. I walked in, people. Tell the nurse over and over that I changed my mind as I walked past all of the "tools" they were going to use.
12:05 Get my spinal and wait for Tim.
12:10 Hear the sound of metal hitting the floor and everyone freaking out.
12:19 The room has to be re-sterilized while I am already on the operating table and Tim is waiting outside, clueless and freaking out about how 10 minutes of waiting has turned into much longer.
12:20 I remember telling the anesthesiologist that I'm not breathing.
He tells me that I am.
12:30 Tim is finally called in.
12:41 Kiersten Bethany is born!
12:42 I fall asleep.
1:30 I wake up in recovery.
2:00 I finally wake up enough to hold my baby. Well, the nurse thought I was awake enough and put her in my arms. I thought I had no business holding an infant. I wanted to be able to see and hold my baby before we announced her arrival and name... that's why there was such a delay in telling our friends and family that she's here.
2:15 We tell the world Kiersten is here!!!
4:00 Finally out of recovery and wheeled into my room.
4:30 Visitors start arriving. I have very few memories and a lot of drugs.
8:00 I really start to wake up out of the druggy haze and realize I have a baby.
8:01 I'm the happiest person on the planet!! :)


3 comments:
I got goose bumps reading your story . . . so excited for you both. Last Sunday in church, I had my phone on vibrate and sitting next to me waiting to hear that she was born. It was during prayer time (I was praying for you) when my cell vibrated - a text message that said "She's here!" I then thanked God for her safe arrival. Can't wait to meet her. Love & hugs to each of you.
fabulous to write it all down - you will appreciate the details in years to come! Congratulations again and again. see you both at fields!
let's do this again!! so much fun!! ready???
Post a Comment