Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Google Told Me That I am Pregnant

How Not to Tell Your Husband You're Pregnant...

One random Saturday morning I woke up around 6:30 in the morning and had to go to the little girls room.  Tim was sound asleep.  [Back up a few days/weeks prior... I had come across a pregnancy test in our bathroom that I think I received as a gag-shower-gift three years ago.  I thought for sure it was expired.]  This random Saturday morning I decided to open it.  While I was opening it I discovered that it was not expired but it was opened so I thought, "what the heck!  let's try this thing!"  Still don't know why I thought that.  Never talked to Tim about it.  Never asked if he'd want to be there when we actually took a pregnancy test.  So I took it and went on about my business.  I was getting ready to get back into bed, where Tim was sound asleep, when I thought I should see what it said.

It said + 

I freaked out because I didn't have the key to figure out what + meant.  I know, I know.  So I googled it.  Google told me I was pregnant.  I freaked out.  I had no reason whatsoever to even take this test.  It was waaaayyy to early to even think about maybe possibly taking a test.  But I did in all my 6:30 morning glory of a mind.  Then I went back to bed, where Tim was sound asleep.  I tried to fall asleep for 3 seconds.  I spent 1 minute staring at the ceiling.  Then I started to ask Tim if he was awake.  I think I might have gently kicked him as well.  You never want to wake a sleeping Burkey.  [I think we all learned that at one time or another at Cornerstone.]  When I asked him for the third time if he was awake and he grumbled at me I said, "Well you BETTER wake up because you're going to be a DAD!!!"

You can only imagine how the rest of our Saturday morning went!  :)   bwahhhhhh!!!!  We did take another test just to be sure!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I'm such a sap. I totally teared up. I am so happy for you! This time next year YOU'LL be the one traumatizing someone with tales of your birth story!

Ash said...

Love it!!

shannon said...

bahahaha i love it. oh kim. i'm still over the moon excited for you two!!