Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tim Started the Fire

Last Saturday Tim and I burned all of the leaves that we had gathered into a pile during the leaf-falling-season week.  The plan was to bag them and send them off with our trash company.  We quickly discovered that we had way too many leaves.  So instead, we moved them over to the side of our yard and set them on fire!  At first, we followed our county laws [which I am still very unclear on - Mo any advice?!] and started burning them in the covered fire pit you see to the right of Tim.  But then our entire pile went up in flames; I guess it was a windy day and we had our pile to close the the pit.  To say I was freaking out would have been an understatement.  I had our fire extinguisher on my lap [that's right I was just sitting there, drugged up on cold medicine] and my phone ready to dial 911.  There was a time or two when I thought we should call the fire department, but Tim said he had everything under control [which he did].  In hindsight, I wonder what his reaction would have been if I had called for help without him knowing and all of the sudden fire trucks just showed up.  I can only imagine the look he would have given me.  He had everything under control [In the future I will chill - lesson learned] and now all of our leaves are gone, holler!    

This is about 1/4 of our leaves:
[side note - we only have 1 tree on our property that's not an evergreen]

 See all the blacked grass?  That was where our first pile was that went up in smoke.
Now you can see why I was freaking out, it was huge - plus it was a very windy day.

 This smelled so good!!


1 comment:

Mo said...

Andy was no help, He said he knows what the rules are for the City but not the county. And recently they had a 'burn ban' going because of the wind. Andy wasn't sure if that had be lifted yet or not. YOU REBELS! :)