Wednesday, September 29, 2010

the four one one

Here is was the plan... Tim and I were going to move out of my parents house and into our first [rented] house November 1st. 

Here's the scope... One week ago Sunday, Tim and I decided to drive around town looking for our next home.  Some of our friends told us about this house for rent that could be very promising.  So we found it and called as soon as we could to get some info.  The next day [Monday] we had an appointment to see the house.  Lets just say that after we left I felt very disappointed and discouraged.  They wanted a lot of $$$ and the house was gross!  The house felt [and smelled] like it belonged in a zoo and the Landlord was just straight up rude.  This was one of a VERY few "For Rent" signs we've seen in Granger.  I felt so discouraged.  To cheer me up, I believe, Tim took me driving around to look at more houses that night when he had a thousand other things that had to be done.  While we were driving we passed a cute little house that was for sale by owner.  We had passed that house many times before and had even written the phone number down.  I asked Tim to please call to see if maybe, just maybe they'd rent it out.  I thought it was so cute and the perfect location.  Tim said "of course!"  So it's Monday night, LAST MONDAY NIGHT, as in still September.  We're driving around and Tim's on the phone with the owner and all I hear is: "really??  REALLY?!?  REEEAALLLLY?!?!" and I'm dyyyyying to know what they're saying to each other.  Finally Tim got off the phone.  It turns out that this house is, as of that afternoon, for rent.  The owner had either just finished making or bought a 'for rent' sign that he was going to put out in the yard that night.  Their offer was accepted on their new house and they needed someone to move in ASAP.  Remember my November plan?  Yeah.  Doesn't it seem like it will take a lifetime to accept that your plan is not God's plan?  If you know me well you know I've been spending all of my free time with Microsoft Excel making spreadsheet after spreadsheet.  :)  

So last Tuesday [still September] we went over there and met with the owners and toured the house.  When we got there, Tim walked in first and I heard the wife say that we look really familiar.  I looked up and it was our wedding planner!!!!  [She's the one that did all of the tables and put all of those chair covers on.  Bless. Her. Heart.]  The house was so perfect.  They had taken this old house and fixed it up into a home.  It's not out dated and it doesn't smell bad.  It's a gem compared to some of the creepers we've seen on our search.  I had such a feeling of peace come over me at that moment and I knew that we were supposed to rent this little house.  Yes, Tim, it is little.  But it's going to be a great adventure!  We signed the papers last Friday and we get the keys this weekend.  Boo-to-your-yah!!

God is good!

We're moving in next Saturday, October 9th.  If you've got some muscles, may we borrow them for an hour or two?  ;)  

Oh, and before I go... it's still September!   

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Hebrews 13:8

3 comments:

Mo said...

NICE!!! Congrats!

The Parkers said...

that is awesome news! Congrats you two!

Anonymous said...

Do you know how much God smiles when he reads your blog? Heck, he doesn't even need to read your blog. He knows your heart! And He's Smiling!!!

He will ALWAYS provide for you, in HIS time and by HIS plan! But it is so fun when we see HIS plan unfold. I'm pretty sure He got a kick out of this one for you and for Lauren (wedding planner). Imagine how she is feeling blessed as well!!