Room 379
Hola! Long time no blog. Life has been a little crazy around here... to put it mildly. Let's rewind to last Wednesday. I came home from work with a killer headache. Tim made dinner for the two of us then left to meet Matt to play tennis. I fell asleep on the couch while he was getting ready to leave. The next thing I know my cell phone is ringing. I saw that it was my mom; usually we talk right after work, if it's anytime before or after that I always assume something has happened to my grandparents... so I answered the phone only being half awake, still laying down. She told me she was following an ambulance with Dad in it to Memorial Hospital. At first I said, "Okay" and then all of a sudden I realized I don't know whose dad we're talking about, so I asked "MY DAD?!?!" That set the tears rolling for both of us. I quickly got off the phone and called Tim right away. I couldn't get a hold of him so I frantically called Matt. Who knows what I said to him but he was able to track down Tim and send him home, so a big thank you to Parker. We headed to the hospital around 7:00 and we were there until 1:00 a.m. It turns out my dad had a massive heart attack and it's a miracle he survived it.
Dan, Amy, Graig and Jeremy all came up late Wednesday night. We spend Thursday hanging out in my dad's room [not helping him rest much]. I'm pretty sure we broke most of the rules while we visited... way to many visitors at one time, only use certain bathrooms, no visitors before 10:00 or after 8:00, anyone under 2 had to be pre-approved, etc. We all chipped in and worked on a puzzle while we were there... never finished it :(
Here's the board where we played a lot of hang man...
Amy's heart was still up there the next day
Sleepy Baby... heads up - don't accidentally wake Dan up :)
My dad is finally home from the hospital and doing a little better... It will be a slow recovery.
Thank you so much for your prayers and words of encouragement!
3 comments:
I didn't know Jeremy wasn't allowed! His nurses didn't seem to care.....
Jeremy was good medicine...for all of us. the heart Amy drew, it is still there!
I'm so sorry to hear that : ( Never fun and always scarey. So glad he's doing better though!
Post a Comment